Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pocari Huh?

The following post was a blog I posted on my old MySpace blog. I've since erased that account and all the blogs that were on it, except for a chosen few. This one just cracked me up too much to give up! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did/do. :)

******************************************


Stop looking at me like that.

“Like what?”  I couldn’t help it.  I was feeling a little defensive.

Like I’m some sort of a freak or something. 

“Well…” I said, letting the word trail off, my eyebrows raised as I looked away.  It was a good point, after all.

Why don’t you like me?

I glance over, nervous yet again, although admittedly there was a note of fascination in that one glance. 

There, sitting on the window sill, sat the ball of nerves talking to me, glaring back with obvious resentment.

You’re ashamed of me, aren’t you.

It wasn’t a question. 

“No, not at all!  I’m not ashamed, as it were...” I paused, “just a little… um, scared is all,” my voice suddenly sounding higher and squeakier than usual.

Scared?!  WHY?

“Well, look at you.” 

Silence for about 20 seconds.

So, I’m blue.  Is that it?

“That’s not it,” I said, shaking my head.  This was going to be tough.

Well?

*sighing with exasperation*  “Do I really have to spell it out for you?”


Photobucket


“I’m sorry, but I can’t consume anything that professes to be ‘Sweat.’”

It’s a misspelling!  I’m really SWEET!  Honest!

“Sorry kiddo, you can’t fool me.”

Blast.


Photobucket
(And there it shall remain, perched on the window sill above my bed.  Taunting me.)


*I’d like to thank Bill for sending me the package of goodies (and oddities) all the way from Korea.  I was especially diggin’ the Hello Kitty hair clips.  Rawr.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I thought I commented on this one long ago..I must've been in a hurry. I loved this partially because it explained the look on your face in that photo- you have it on facebook right? I always wondered what that was about and now the photo is that much more funny. hilarious. Bill has a way with cool gifts,thats for sure. We got hello kitty socks and tons of these tiny puffy stickers that my girls wear for earrings.
    oh! I have a new bloggy thing- davidsonfv.com
    Add it to your bloglist and it will update you when my private blog has a new post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, it pretty much tastes like Gatorade. Which itelf has nothing to do with 'gators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, believe me it took a long time before I'd consent to even taste Gatorade. All the same, I'll trust you. :)

    And Rebecca! I'll definitely add you to my blog list so I can stay up-to-date on the goings-on of your sweet clan. As for my photo, I love the expression I managed to capture. I never realized how expressive my face can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, but kushibo-san, Gatorade has much to do with 'gators...the University of Florida Gators. Check out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatorade#History

    I'm sure Valerie's (Princess Consuela Bananahammock lets her friends call her that) apprehension to try the Pocari Sweat was also heightened by the fact that when she received the package containing the drink, she had recently watched "Tropic Thunder" with it's bodaciously loud ad for the faux "Booty Sweat" sports drink. That's great comedy. And so is the "Pocari Sweat" name for a sports drink to Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH that's right! I remember watching that "ad" for Booty Sweat in the giant theater and saying loudly afterwards, "They're kidding, right? RIGHT?!"

    Thanks for the comment, Scooter. (MeanGeneDrLove lets his friends call him that)

    ReplyDelete
  6. meangenedrlove wrote:
    Ahh, but kushibo-san, Gatorade has much to do with 'gators...the University of Florida Gators.

    Yes, I've seen the commercials, which is why I wrote 'gators (note lowercase "g" and the apostrophe indicating a truncation of something longer) and not the Gators (note uppercase "G" and the "the" indicating a formal group). :)

    Bo knows football.

    ReplyDelete