Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fake Blogs Are OK Too, Right?

Ok, so I know that this isn't technically a blog, but I figured it's been too long since I've posted. I originally posted this on Facebook (yes, it's one of THOSE deals), but I figured that just because it was one of those trendy little surveys floating around the FaceBook-o-sphere doesn't make it any less true. Or fun. Or Nerdalicious! So I'm re-posting it here in the hopes that these 25 Random Things About Me might bring a slightly crooked smile to your face. OH, and don't be shy... let me know what you think!


25 Things About ME!


1. I am currently in love with Safeway's Baked Potato Soup. I bought three tubs of it yesterday and am sad to report that I just cracked open tub #3 for dinner tonight. You know what they say about potato soup... "It fills the cracks of the heart." *snort*

2. I stole that quote from the movie Mall Cop, which I've never seen. But I've heard the clip many times on my favorite talk radio show called
Too Beautiful To Live (TBTL), which airs M-F from 7-10pm. I ADORE that show because they are freakin' hilarious, play awesome music 'bumps,' and actually do NOT discuss politics. I heart TBTL. Forizzle.

3. I love to laugh and have a seriously twisted sense of humor.

MySpace Codes

4. I have a retarded middle finger. Don’t mess with me or I might be forced to show it off to you, suckuhs.

5. I’m an audio book addict. I bought an iPod just so I could listen to audio books while I’m doing things like grocery shopping and going for walks. I do most of my “reading” that way and it freakin’ ROCKS! Plus, I listen to the TBTL podcasts on my iPod regularly. Rawr!

6. I love to blog, and love it even more when people comment on it. I just recently set up a new blog at http://DreamsAreFerFree.blogspot.com/ and all are welcome to read and leave your thoughts (comments)! Please. No, really, I’m begging you.

7. My younger brother and I almost got kicked out of Disneyland back in the 80’s because we got caught spitting off the sky ride. They’ve since torn that ride down… I wonder why?


(click on the photo to see the artist’s page!)


8. I hate mangoes. They make me gag.

9. I have an incredibly bad memory. No, I’m dead serious! And it’s not because I did any drugs or anything. I’ve just always had a terrible memory. I barely remember high school, let a lone anything else before it. Heck, there are loads of things I don’t remember that happened AFTER high school. It’s only gotten worse now that I’m pregnant. I’ve always figured my bad memory was a blessing, though, because that way it’s nearly impossible for me to hold a grudge against someone. Just, please don’t be surprised if I can’t remember your name, ok?

10. I think it’s absolutely disgusting when people don’t wash their hands with soap and water after “potty time.” *shudders*

11. I’ve been robbed at gunpoint before.

12. I don’t watch TV. As a result I’m pop-culturally retarded.

13. I’m a huge believer in visual aids. Can’t you tell? ;) And the secret to my photos? I snag most of them from www.DeviantArt.com, but you’ve gotta be careful because they’ve got a crap load of AWFUL photos, including very graphic ones. So filters help! And since I snag other peoples’ work, I always make sure I turn the photo into a link to that artist’s page so that I’m giving them their due credit. Heck, I’ll be the first to admit that I have no talent for photography! But I can definitely admire the works of those who do. *beaming*

14. I have a phobia of what I lovingly refer to as “Overflowing Toilets of Nastiness.” I dream of them at a bare minimum of once a week, although I can safely say that I average dreaming about horrific potty experiences around 3-4 times per week. Yeah, I’ve got issues.


(p.s. I couldn’t bring myself to post the nastier photos I found of toilets because of my phobia. Seriously, I wanted to puke.)
(p.p.s. I would HIGHLY recommend NOT looking for photos of toilets on www.DeviantArt.com. Apparently there’s some sort of fetish that involves toilets that I found to be incredibly
disturbing. Just FYI!)


15. In the past decade alone I’ve lived in six different states: Washington, Utah, Texas, New Jersey, New York, Missouri. Moving sucks duck butts.

16. I have a passionate hatred for: Monkeys, Incense, Patchouli, Booger Bubbles, Violence, and Lies.

17. I am so good at handing out advice but am terrible at keeping it myself.

18. I have a passionate love for: Ice Cream, Peach flavored Fresca, Iced Water, Flowers (but not floral print clothing), Cats…ok, my cat in particular, Law Enforcement, Witty Banter, and Back Rubs.

19. I’ve always wanted but have never had beautiful legs. Mostly, I’ve wanted hot legs so I could wear funky socks and tights, like the ones pictured below. Instead my legs don’t see the light of day due to the wear-n-tear of age and bad veins. *sigh* Isn’t it true that we always want what we can’t have?


(click on the photo to go to the artist’s page!)

20. I have double jointed fingers and toes.

21. I can’t stand Alanis Morissette’s music, but every time I go sing karaoke I sing her song, “You Learn.” That, and Dido’s “Here With Me.” I’m a sucker.

22. I am a firm believer in being grateful! And right now I am SUPER grateful for Rolaids and Tylenol PM. And sleep. And strawberries (they're the new pineapple!).

23. I *love* doing laundry!

24. Phlebotomists love me because I have transparent skin and great big fat veins.

25. I’m good for accidentally walking into a men’s bathroom at least once a year.


(It's just ahead!)

12 comments:

  1. Awesome list! Now you should start importing your blog to Facebook - do it through your Notes section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely need more visitors- Im going to refer you to my friend Melain..and you might like to check out her site too..you guys have similar ways of laughing at the world. Hers is nurturingnarcissism.blogspot.com. People are missing out on all this hilarity and I JUST WONT STAND IDLY BY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really think so, Snotty? Hm. Maybe I'll import some of the better ones. After all, at least half of what I write is crapola on ice. :) But I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Rebecca! I'm always happy to receive references or have people referred to my blog. That is, as long as they don't leave mean comments. Then I'll have to land a virtual elbow on the suckuhs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe you don't like monkeys. I can understand not liking babboons or giant gorillas. But little monkeys? They can be so cute! I'm glad they got rid of the SkyWay ride (although it was a nice way to get from one side of Disneyland to the other). I was always paranoid that I would fall out of it. One time, when I was little, though, we saw President Monson in line for the SkyWay! We totally waved at him like morons. It was great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monkeys: they'll wiz on you any chance they can. ew!

    I can't believe you saw Pres. Monson at Disneyland! That's so rad. I dreamt of Disneyland just the other night and I remember all I did was walk and hike and walk and hike through various parts of the park, trying to get to Space Mountain or the Indiana Jones ride, but never making it there. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that wasn't a dream...thatS REAL LIFE my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love Garth Nix too. I bought Brian the Aborson series for Christmas. I didn't know you were expecting. When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Garth Nix! Yeah, I "read" (or rather, listen to) the Abhorsen series at least twice a year. I always manage to get choked up at the end of the third book.

    Yep, I'm expecting. Due in like 6 weeks or something. Ok, technically I'm due April 10th but I'm *convinced* this kid is coming before then. Tenth-shmenth.

    It's great to hear from you again, Leila! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the last picture. Happy, Texas is a town about 20 miles or so outside of Amarillo...it's small with nothing much going on. The is a movie called "Happy, Texas" about the town...it is a great comedy. If you haven't seen it, rent it--or just buy it. It is a gem. Steve Zahn's character is totally hilarious. After watching the movie you'll be saying, "The light is GREEN!" whenever you get torqued off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I'll have to rent it! I've driven through Amarillo before a few times. I wonder if I ever noticed the sign for "Happy" before? Hm. But I loved that photo too. That's why I stuck it in there!

    ReplyDelete