Thursday, February 19, 2009

Random Thoughts and Insignificant Nothings.

Life for me has been rather complicated as of late, and I do apologize for not blogging as often as we’d all like. But the way I see it, rather than ranting on and on about how crap-tastic everything has been for me, I’d just shut my trap until something a little more positive or amusing happened. I hope you don’t mind. Besides, who cares about overly-hormonal-pregnant-lady-going-through-withdrawals issues? I know *I* don’t. ;)


("Grrr!" Click on the photo to see the artist's page.)


Moving right along….

Let me just start by asking you this:

Have you ever tweezed your nose hairs before? Yeah, just a friendly heads-up:

DON’T DO IT! It’s a trap! A conspiracy, I say!

Holy crapola. I think my eyes watered for a good twenty minutes straight, which of course immediately led to me snotting all over the place. My poor shnoz… It feels like its swelling or something, as though I’ve just pierced it with a rusty needle a hundred million times in the same spot. OWIE! *pouty lip*


(Look at that adorable shnoz! See... HE doesn't have to tweez. Hmph.)


And all I can think of now is how men had better appreciate the lengths to which women go in order to maintain their beauty. *sniffle*


*****************************************************

Today I felt like splurging a little on myself since I’ve accomplished so much this week. So, to treat myself I bought some Halibut-n-Chips for lunch (worth approximately $12) from a café in the Harbor. I also stopped by (*gasp!*) Starbucks and got myself a decaf Raspberry Latte (since I’ve seriously lowered my caffeine intake since I’m consuming for 2 now), and a chocolate donut. Mmmm. It was nice to treat myself. After all, I’ve had to eat enough crap sandwiches lately to feed a village.

MySpace Codes
(Mmmm... bring on the crap sandwiches! Yes, I'm fully aware that the little girl looks like she belongs in a horror movie. Creepy!)

My mother was also feeling the need to splurge a little today. To treat herself, she went out and bought a piano. Typical.

But let's put things into perspective here. Why, just the other day she told me that she was once bucked off of a horse and landed on her head. Need I say more?

*****************************************************

While I was out and about today I found myself driving behind a minivan with tinted windows. What made me smile was the fact that the kids in the back of the minivan were under the impression that I couldn’t see them. They started sticking their tongues out at me and making crazy faces. So, naturally, I stuck my tongue right back out at them. Soon enough we were in a face-making contest, only I let them win because I wasn’t in the mood to scare them with my ultra-impressive fingers-pushing-the-nose-up-and-eye-lids-down look that has won me many-a-face-making-battle in my days.



Besides, I was laughing too hard. Their poor mom already had enough to deal with. *beaming*

*****************************************************


So I cancelled my MySpace account good and proper earlier this week. The dirty bastards. See, I went on there to respond to an email I’d gotten from someone I thought was pretty cool but hadn’t heard from in over a year. And after spending the time it took to write her a nice long email, I was informed that my email hadn’t passed the spam filter. WTF?! So when I attempted to go to my home page I was then informed that my account had been phished. Not only that, but it was suddenly difficult to navigate around the site. Then after changing my password again, I was once AGAIN informed me that my account had been phished.

That did it for me—I’d had enough. So, after deleting all of my photos and going through the account cancelling process, I was led to a page where they asked why on earth I would possibly want to leave the all-mighty MySpace. And I cheerfully took a moment to state the following:

“The security on this site SUCKS ASS. Every time I log onto this site my computer freezes, and the ads you have on here are incredibly obnoxious. I’m tired of getting spam, phished, and whatever other crapsandwiches that float around on here like virtual STDs.”


MySpace Codes
(Cat = me unleashing my kung-fu powers on slobbering dog = MySpace)


And with that I hit the cancellation confirmation. And it felt gooooood.


*****************************************************

6 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly approve of your crapsandwich response - I had a "You go, girl!" moment for you.

    Um, is your mom bi-polar, perhaps? Or maybe... I dunno... certifiably insane?

    :) Glad you're treating yourself - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Snotty! That makes me feel better. I was going to name the blog "This Round of Crapsandwiches is on ME!" but then I thought nobody'd want to read it. ;)

    Yes, I'm pretty sure my mother's bi-polar, although the clinical diagnosis she has is Paranoid Schizophrenia. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So much to comment on! I can't believe you actually tried to pluck your nose hairs! Sometimes if I have a long one I'll try to pull it out with my fingernails, and that kills! I can't imagine using tweezers! Crazy!

    A chocolate donut sounds really good right now.

    Glad you canceled MySpace. They had it coming.

    Hmmm...maybe I'll go have a crapsandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well.. I mean, it was a NOSE hair. I wouldn't want to distract anyone from talking with me because a rogue nose hair decided to peek out. *ew* ;)

    Starbucks has delightfully evil chocolate or regular old fashioned donuts. Definitely worth the splurge!

    Crapsandwiches: only good in moderation. Not meant for actual consumption. Although, if you DO decide to go out and make a literal crap sandwich, you'll let me know how it went, right? Right?! (wink-wink, nudge-nudge)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny..all of it. I LOVE THIS BLOG!! Btw---myspace is for SUCKAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the Fish and chips at the Harbor cafe brings back good memories of our long lunches there talking about everything! Mm.. writing this now is making me hungary,You, me, fish and chips? Some time we will have to plan that!!

    ReplyDelete