Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcoming Grant to this world!

I just wanted to announce the arrival of my not-so-wee-one to the world.



Grant was born at 1:38am on April 1, 2009 after 20 hours of labor. He weighed 10 lbs. 9 oz. and measured 22 inches long. There were some complications to the labor and delivery which caused me to stay in the hospital for a bit longer than the average mom, but I'm much better now and back at home.

I love my boy more than anything else in this world. He is the most beautiful thing in my eyes, and nothing can change that.

Grant was adopted by my brother and his wife, made official by the courts today. So even though I will always see him as my boy, he is theirs and will be blessed with a life full of opportunities, love, and happiness. I love Dave and Laura and know that this is what Heavenly Father wanted all along. And no matter how much pain and anguish I feel or will feel, nothing will ever change the way I feel about the rightness of it all. I know it.



In the meantime, I will celebrate his life while I work on healing my own.


9 comments:

  1. Carrie, he is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU!!! This has been the most touching experience of my life ... to watch you deliver the precious boy, to see the pure love and appreciation from Laura during and after the delivery, and to witness your strength in giving this most awesome gift to our brother and his family. I am here for you if/when you ever need anything, even just an ear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous little guy! Glad you're at home and able to rest and recover. Ya done good. :-) (Btw, we definitely will need to go out before I move far far away.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those chubby cheeks. I'll be thinking of you. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're all so awesome! Thank you for your kindness and support. It's been the most trying and difficult thing I've ever had to do, but I'm going to be ok. And my boy is happy and healthy... what more could I ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie: what a bitter, sweet moment for you. You are brave! I applaud not only your amazing birth story (he is huge for a natural birth) but also the amazing courage it takes to do what you have done,! You truly are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bitter sweet. How true. I have been thinking about you every day lately and praying for you. I don't know you at all - never even spoken to you- and I love you. thanks for the post, its beautiful...all of it. especially the umm..chubby end of the leetle one. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Ha! I like that... the "chubby end." *snort* Poor kid was sooo swollen (just like me) after that 20 hour labor.

    Thank you for the prayers. I know that they're definitely helping!

    ReplyDelete