Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hard Boiled.

My best friend sent me this photo earlier this week in an email. It's a picture of a hard boiled egg that had managed to escape from its shell during the boiling process.

Isn't it interesting?

Talk amongst yourselves.


(*DISCLAIMER* There were no alterations made to the egg or this photo. It appears in this photo as it appeared to her, once the shell was removed. I, the author of this blog, have no control over what you perceive this photo to be of. Nor am I trying to persuade you see anything other than what is pictured above: a hard boiled egg. I, Princess Consuela Bananahammock, see a delicious hard boiled egg. A very interestingly shaped delicious hard boiled egg that apparently was consumed shortly after this photo was taken. No animals were injured in the creation of this blog.)

9 comments:

  1. WIth very loud belly laugh, YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think what you will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me, or does anyone else see a penis?

    It feels so good just to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You should check out my hard-boiled blog. It is very interesting when eggs boil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wha.. huh?! Hm... Now that you mention it, the egg does seem to be phallic in shape. But of course, I had no CLUE until you just pointed it out because, well...

    Oh who am I kidding? This egg RAWKS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To paraphrase Freud, sometimes an egg is just an egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too true, Brian. It is, in fact, just that: an egg.

    (*snort*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) Your choice of name absolutely deserves a comment. 2) I saw in your profile you like Christopher Moore. Awesome. There just aren't enough Christopher Moore fans out there. I actually e-mailed him once and he e-mailed right back a couple times that day. His Twitter is hilarious. He just has too much time on his hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wym: I read your blog and was amazed. I am always going to wonder how that yolk managed to boil hard OUTSIDE of its shell. Hm. :)

    Phil: 1)I'm always glad to have someone recognize the greatness--nay, the awesomnicity--of the Bananahammock name. 2) I agree with you! I keep trying to share Christopher Moore books with my friends/family but it's just not their cup of tea. *sigh* 3) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Princess, thank you for visiting my egg too. The things we discover when we are bored watching the food network.

    ReplyDelete