Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why I <3 Seattle

Reasons Why I love Washington State:

1. We’ve got the coolest homeless people.


(click on the image to see the artist’s page)

2. We’ve got the coolest freaks.


(click on the image to read about the “Seattle Police are Communist” guy. He’s listed as an actual Seattle landmark, can you believe it?!)

…and don’t forget…


(Dale Chihuly! Click on the image to see his official site.)

3. We’ve got some seriously RAD urban art.


(The Troll under the Aurora Bridge in Seattle. That's a real VW in his hand.)

4. We’ve got some kick-a$$ wildlife/cuisine.


(For-effing-Real. The geoduck--pronounced "gooey-duck"--looks like a clam bit off an elephant's trunk, to put it mildly. But I know what you're REALLY thinking. *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*)

Tomorrow I go in search of Archie McPhee’s to investigate the source of this photo:


(Makes me hungry just looking at 'em.)

12 comments:

  1. Too cool! I love you blog!! So true, i LOVE SEattle and all the crazy things about it! I could'nt live anyhwhere else!! I love it here !!! Hey, If you are near the airport, email me and get directions, I would love it if you could stop by sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weenis looking thing is nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weenis? Who said anything about a weenis? I never mentioned anything remotely close... er, well, ok so it *does* look vaguely phallic in nature. But the geoduck is one of God's greatest Northwest creations! And I hear it's tasty.

    *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just had to post a picture of a geoduck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would'nt want to?! :) You know me well, Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Princess! I just read your funny comment at LOTD and decided to pop over...

    You described yourself as hating drama yet it follows you. We are kindred spirits. It might be safest for us to keep each other at arm's length. ;)

    I LOVE Chihuly's art glass. We have a beautiful installation at the DMA.

    Great pics. I'll be stalkin' ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Welcome to the fold. ;) I'll be sure to keep an eye on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww...you make me miss the emerald city! i wish i had gotten to see the troll in real life before i moved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, if you come back to visit we might have to make a little road trip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, 5 days after you made this post I finally figured out what <3 means! I know, I'm slow. I <3 Seattle too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! That's hilarious! I know, it took me a while to figure it out too when I first saw the <3. Now I <3 using it. ;)

    ReplyDelete