Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Velvety Dark Shnoz of Luff.

Reasons why I love my cat:

1. He doesn't mind my mood swings.
2. He cries for me from the bottom of the stairs when I get home from work.
3. He doesn't have to be walked.
4. He doesn't defecate in the house.
5. He brings me presents.

Regarding number 5, two days ago I came home from work to find my bedroom COVERED in bird feathers. Apparently he'd finally scored in catching a bird. I hate it when he catches birds, but he's such a crappy hunter that 98% of the time I can rest assured that he's not going to bring anything home. I even keep a bird feeder just outside my bedroom window so he'll have something to keep him preoccupied.

Anyway, not only did I find the bird alive under my bed, but my cat had pulled out so many of its feathers that it couldn't fly. It was just hopping around on one foot (the other had been injured), but doing a great job at keeping away from the cat. I did manage to catch it and release it, although I don't think it lasted the night. Poor thing.

And then yesterday when I got home from work I noticed something distinctly... lumpy in my cat's food bowl. Lo and behold, this is what I discovered:



(It's a small, very dead mole.)

My cat, Kenny, decided to put this small dead mole in his food bowl, just like he puts my hair bands and his favorite shoelace. It was just another toy to him and he had put it away. Have I mentioned that I love my cat? Yeah, I'm crazy about 'im. My sweet Hunter kitty with the velvety dark shnoz of luff. *smiles*


6 comments:

  1. Oh, thank goodness my kitties are indoor cats. I love surprises, but not those kind of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat brought in a perfectly severed mouse head the other day. I tried to act impressed so I wouldn't hurt his feelings. Little jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cat regularly brings us presents and leaves them on the doorstep. It's a great way to greet friends when they stop by. I could literally go on and on about this but I'll spare you all the gory details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black cats are badasses. Even if they aren't, they think they are. I love them and have had two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally stole my blog! Last Thursday night/morning we woke up to the cat pouncing around on the end of our bed so Brian got up and put her out. In the morning we found a dead MOUSE laying on top of the blankets! Augh! That's what all the excitement was about. It also means we have mice in the house. Great...
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, that is so true! He thinks he's all that, but really he's (*ahem*) more pussy than cat. Not to be gross or anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete