Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fuzzy Wuzzy

Oh. My. Gosh. I FOUND FUZZY WUZZY! And he wasn't a bear. See, here's what happened.

It's been a very long time since I've washed my Jeep. And I mean a *very* long time, like seven months. Now, normally I take pride in having a clean and pristine vehicle, but once I got knocked up my priorities sort of changed. So I sort of "let it go," as some would say.

Anyway, I was at the car wash earlier today and decided to vacuum out the inside of the Jeep, including the very back part. Would that be called the trunk? Meh, whatever. But it needed to be done, especially since there were particles of dried cement back there, but that's a whole other story. And what you have to understand is that in order to do a good job I had to bend way down and lean waaay forward in order to get all the rubble-filled nooks and crannies. It was while I was doing that that I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

Now, some of you are aware that I pride myself on having excellent peripheral vision. And others of you know that I have a rather bionic sense of smell--unusually powerful (what I like to refer to as "the Super Shnoz"). So it came as a HUGE surprise when I discovered this:


(It's FUZZY WUZZY! ewwwwwwwww.)

Naturally my first reaction was "ew!" But immediately afterwards I was struck by an intense sense of amusement. I mean, how the heck had I gone so long without smelling such a horrid thing?! And how the heck did those rice cakes get back there?! I just kept laughing at it, which only intensified when I took pictures of it, causing those around me to pause and stare at the cackling chubby round lady. And their wonder made me laugh even harder. Yeah, it was just one of those moments.

So after I vacuumed out the back I went back and reached in with some old napkins I'd saved from previous meals-while-on-my-wheels and carefully pulled out the foul and decaying evidence.


(I left it just inside the lip of the garbage can so others could admire the beauty of my find.)

Who would've thought that my Super Shnoz was foiled by something so vile? But it did not stink. And even as I carefully placed my prized findings inside the lip of the garbage can I had to step back and admire the fact that not only did it NOT stink, but it was so hairy that the mold was actually stringy, like a spider's web. *sigh* Precious.

So once again my Jeep is clean and pristine as I've always thought it to be. And who knows what my next find will be. A shriveled up old apple core? Hm. Well, anything's possible.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't know that rice cakes could ever look like that. They must have been there a loooong while. I'm so glad you captured their loveliness on film, because otherwise I'm not sure I would've believed the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,

    Of course I remember you. I never forget a carrot cake. I will tell Leila hi for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, weren't they a sight to see?! I mean, the colors alone are breath-taking. *snort* Thankfully, they weren't LITERALLY breath-taking.

    ReplyDelete