Friday, January 9, 2009

Pic of the Day!

I thought it would be fitting that the first post on this blog would be a Pic of the Day, especially since I can't think of anything insightful or witty to share with you. But since this is the pilot blog on Dreams Are For Free, I thought it was appropriate to share one of my favorite photos I snagged from Deviant Art back in the day. I tried finding it on there again so I could give the artist his or her due credits, but apparently it's no longer displayed on that website. With that said, I give you the Pic of the Day!


(This was originally called "Night Flys," by Bliss87 on www.DeviantArt.com)


I chose this pic not just because it's totally random (like me!), but also because I loved the Alice In Wonderland feel it gives me. It's strange how it seems as though the subject in the photo is actually dreaming away while these amazing things are happening all around her. And it made me wonder if maybe we're all so caught up in living our lives and pursuing our dreams that maybe, just maybe we're missing what amazing things are truly going on around us. Sometimes we need to stop and open our eyes to our surroundings and that's all it takes to realize that things aren't what they seem. Life is complicated and fun and mysterious and crappy and exciting all wrapped in one giant package (with a huuuge bow on top!).But whether or not that package is a good thing is up to us to decide.

As for me? Well, I choose to think this gift of life is good, and I'll keep walking forward with my eyes wide open.

2 comments: