Monday, January 12, 2009

Pic of the Day

Today's Pic of the Day:



(This can be found at http://melizyaa.deviantart.com/art/autumnal-point-109259540)

This just stood out to me tonight and seemed like a place I wouldn't mind finding myself in. Yeah, call me crazy but that chair is calling my name! ;)

Earlier this week I drove past a house that had a small fruit tree standing out front. It had no leaves and seemed extremely naked. How did I know it was a fruit tree? There were loads of apples sitting colorfully around the base of the tree, accompanied by at least ten robins picking at the fruit and the bugs it attracted. I thought it was a strange juxtaposition, considering the season and all the snow/rain we've had over the past month. I had been used to getting around in a world of grey, only to have my attention captured by the bright red and yellow tinges of the fruit in that person's yard. It was like a small reminder that Winter is only a visitor and Spring is just around the corner. At least, I sure hope so.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you think that chair probably smells?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo! LOVE IT. Your blog is adorable, too--great header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniffle* Thanks Snotty! :)

    And no, I think the chair doesn't smell... unless it smelled of roses and sweet apples. Hmph. ;) At least, that's what I have to tell myself to get by.

    ReplyDelete