Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

I can't help it. If I'm glowing it's only because I'm having such a FABULOUS day! If I could have a sound track for the day it would be the following:

1. What You Wish For, by Guster
2. The General Specific, by Band of Horses
3. E-Pro, by Beck
4. Float On, by Modest Mouse
5. Feel Good Inc, by Gorillaz
6. Such Great Heights, by The Postal Service
7. The entire Luna-Penthouse CD.

I know, there are a few songs on there that are so syrupy sweet that you just might get a cavity, but ya know what? Sometimes we have some sugary sweet moments in life and most people are glad of them. I'm certainly not complaining!


(a gratuitous photo for your visual entertainment. You can find this and more of the artists works at http://claudio88.deviantart.com/)


So here's the news that made me so happy: I do NOT, I repeat, do NOT have Gestational Diabetes. Ha! Take that! My mother wasn't thrilled to find out. She'd been all excited when I told her I might have it. So excited, in fact, that she wouldn't stop talking about what SHE has to do to regulate HER diabetes, and how she just *knew* that I also had it. See, you have to understand that with my mother EVERYTHING is about her. Not only that, but she's always assumed that I am her "mini-me," and as a result I go through great pains to prove that I am NOT anything like her. Just the thought sends shivers down my spine. *shudders*

But wait, there's more!

So I just went online and was flipping through the different websites I frequent when I came upon an awesome sight. You can see it for yourselves at http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=93 and scroll down. Trust me, it's mind blowing. Ok, to me it was mind-blowing. ;) Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am FAMOUS! Be jealous.

And even though it's not even 1pm just yet, I'd say this day is off to a good start. Jeez, even my hair looks good today. So I'm going to curl up next to my kitty (who is snoring lightly on the bed) and take a nap now. And if I wake up and find that it's all been a dream I will truly be miffed.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa...I just went to this one website called...wait...what is it again? Oh yeah: tie northwest..no...bye northwest..well anyway, I saw someone on there who looked exactly like you! You really should check it out. Too bad I can't remember the name of the website. I know it wasn't really you, though, because this girl said something about having a toy that farts, and I know a classy girl like you would never have something a crass as that in her possession. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaaa! Carrie, you crack me up! Yes (*blushing*) it's true. My secret Shame-ber contains not only a Walter the Farting Dog plush toy that farts when you squeeze it, but also a rubber chicken that has something mysterious pop out of its butt when squeezed. There's just something magical about twisted toys. :) Thanks for making me laugh! Oh, and it's MYNorthwest.com, silly!

    ReplyDelete